Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

April 18 continues

This wedding was originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 19 at 2 p.m. I called Luca and suggested we change the date because of the weather. Knowing I was going to be out anyway, I was the one to suggest 4 p.m. on Monday.

Luca is from Italy and he and Sarah said they found my website and knew I would be perfect. They saw I was Catholic and liked that I posted it. Luca has turned Sarah back onto God and they want to include a prayer in the ceremony. Of course I have no problem with it.

Luca was dressed business casual and Sarah had a simple dress with flowers in her hair and flowers to hold. They also put white balloons at the end of the parking lot so I would know where to turn in, but I arrived first after my earlier wedding at Tarrywile in Danbury. We walked to a flat rock farther into the park overlooking the water. The trail was a dirt path, following the rocks, down hill. I wore flats, but they were not sneakers or flip flops for comfort and ease to hike. The view was spectacular. The sun was out and it was a perfect day.


They wrote their own vows, speaking to each other of love and what they mean to each other. They said their I dos when I asked, and then Luca said the Our Father in Italian and Sarah repeated it in English. The moment was breathtaking and then they exchanged rings. I pronounced them husband and wife and the whole ceremony was caught on video. They brought out glasses and champagne. We toasted to love and happily ever after and I left them to celebrate their new love.

No comments:

Post a Comment