Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2016

The perils of being trusting

I got an email asking if I was available next Wednesday at 11 a.m. I emailed back saying, yes I am available, this is what I charge and I also need both names, if you are exchanging rings and where do you want me to be.

I added that I am available by phone the next day after 1 p.m. I received a call from Georgie at 1:03 p.m. the next day. She said they were interested and that they already have the license. They want to get married at 11 a.m. and I told her that I would be able to adjust my schedule to make it happen.

I let her know that I can be available and we discussed the details. I then told her about the different unity ceremonies available and added that since we were going to be in her home, the venue of their choice, I can provide two separate samples as part of the draft and she and David can choose the one they want in the final program. We hung up with date, time and location firm.

When a ceremony is booked far in advance, I ask for a deposit of $25. When the ceremony is within one or two weeks, sometimes up to a month, I trust the couple to their word. I worked up a draft for Georgie, spending the extra time to pull together both a sand and candle ceremony. I sent it off as an email, both as an attachment and in the email text.

On Monday I sent the reminder email, confirming the details and asking which ceremony to include for Wednesday. Within minutes I received the email response, "I just spoke to my fiance, he have inform me that he would like to go with his choice, one of our close friend who is available to marry us. I want to thank you for following up."

My first concern was that they are using my draft, as if I can stop them. I quickly responded stating that they should not have received the draft if they were not committing to me, and that my words cannot be used. She answered back that she is deleting my email.

We are living is such a different world these days, and my cynicism continues to grow. I want to believe in people, I try to believe in people, and to trust them, but more and more, I do not.

I do have a Christmas eve wedding scheduled. The happiness of the Christmas season has yet to take hold of my heart. I've put up the tree, sent out my cards, have been shopping and over spending, I present smiles to the world and hope to be treated fairly and I truly am happy that most people are true to their words.

I've got four wedding scheduled for the new year already, all have made a deposit, and I have added a paypal deposit button to my newly designed website. Let's see what the new year brings....

www.eileencoladarci.com


No comments:

Post a Comment