Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

feet, again...

This getting old thing sucks.

I have arthritis throughout my body and a lot of it in my feet. My left foot has fused so there is very little movement in the big toe. It has the chronic pain but not too the point where it affects my walking. My right foot constantly hurts with a bone on bone friction and the movement causes more pain. My wearing flip flops is not helping, but shoes hurt more.

Today my right foot is swollen to the point that I cannot even wear shoes or flip flops.The constant rubbing has caused a large callous that I try to remove daily.

I saw a doctor at the end of last year. She took more x-rays and we discussed more surgery. For now she cut the callous. I went back in February and she again scraped but this time it was called in-house surgery and the cost was too much to do on a regular basis.

I'm back to using the scraper every morning and lots of creams.

Advil helps and is becoming a mostly daily med. "whine, whine, whine" I still go to the gym, strength training helps, stretching helps more, and although Zumba is tough on the foot, Zumba is for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment