Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2015

At the Amber Room

I arrived at the second wedding of the evening expecting to perform the ceremony and go home within thirty minutes.

The best laid plans never work out...

The wedding was set out at the lower gazebo, very pretty, but also down a hill. Silly me decided this was the evening to wear heels. I went down the hill to speak with the DJs. I asked if they have seen the bride or groom, and the answer was no but they are both here. There are some pictures being taken up the hill, so I trudge my sore feet back up the hill. I find the groom and we chat. I get the license and my payment, move my car closer to the ceremony location and return to the gazebo, down the hill.

I returned to the gazebo and talked to one of the DJs about a mike, knowing that an outdoor ceremony needs sound assistance to allow the guests to hear my words of love. I put on my robe and got wired. And waited, the guests started to arrive and we waited, time passed and we waited, and while we waited, my back was soaked, and then my hair started to drip, and then my hair was soaked.

As the guests arrived, I waved to the many of them that I knew. I stood in the front of the array of chairs as I saw my hairdresser join the small crowd. Although I never join the guests, this time I had to talk to Diana just to let her know that I did not start out like this and my hair looked great earlier in the evening. I love her, she said I looked great anyway!

The ceremony was beautiful, the newly married bride and groom were happy and I stayed until the guests were sent up to the cocktail hour at the main building. I then took off my robe, went to my car, and took off my shoes. My dress, dry clean only, was as wet as my robe.

I got home, poured myself a glass of wine and reflected on what a special evening it was as I appreciated how much I enjoy being a JP. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment