Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2015

Two weddings in one very hot July evening

I have worn my robe for all weddings for a long time now. After this evening, I am questioning my choice.

Saturday, July 11, I had the honor of performing two weddings for two beautiful brides. The first at 5:30 at a home, the second at 7:00 pm at the Amber Room.

At 5:00 pm I arrived at the home of Bianca's parents. Carrying my robe, I was greeted in the yard by a young man. I introduced myself and we chatted about the many cars and the tent set up across the street. "They are always having a party," was the response. I was ushered into the house by the dad, with the greeting of, "I am so glad she is getting married before the baby comes, she is my only daughter." Bianca was very, very pregnant and the baby was due any day.

Bianca was marrying the love of her life and even joked that she hopes to say I do before her water breaks. The young lady had on a beautiful short white lace dress and her family was surrounding the couple with love and support. She asked that we wait for a few more special people and of course I did.

I stood there with the program in my hand, the sweat poured down my back. Thirty-five minutes later I'm in my car with the air conditioning blasting, the radio blaring and mentally preparing for the next wedding forty-five minutes later.

I stopped home for a few minutes, combed my hair, reapplied my lipstick and got back in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment